Family Shield Plus is an annual renewable plan that provides superior cover to help you manage additional expenses or a shortfall in your income if you are hospitalised. This is in addition to the basic death cover provided.
HOSPITALISATION CASH BENEFIT
The plan offers the following hospitalisation cash benefits:
- pays a fixed amount per day (a complete 24-hour period) the accountholder spends at the hospital (regardless of the actual expense incurred)
- there is no cover for the first three days; Cover starts from day four
- benefit payment is subject to a maximum of 5days per hospitalisation
- there is a 3 month waiting period for illnesses before right to benefit accrues
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I CLAIM?
The maximum number of times that you can claim in a policy year is:
- 3 claims per life per policy year
- Maximum of 5days benefits per hospitalisation
- If a policyholder is re-admitted to the hospital for the same condition within 10days of having been discharged, the three day stay before a claim can be made will be waived and the hospitalisation will be viewed as a continuation of the initial hospitalisation.
- The Hospital Cash Benefit of this plan per year will be stopped if the maximum number of days (as shown in the plan option below) which may be claimed over the policy per year is reached.
- flat death benefit amount
- payable only on death (from all causes) of the customer
- there is a 3 months waiting period for death from natural causes
- If death is as a result of an accident, when the policy is in the waiting period, the Company will pay out the full amount of cover
There is a waiting period of 3 months for death resulting from natural causes and illnesses. This will only apply in the first policy year. Where policyholders renews automatically, there will be no waiting period from the first and subsequent renewals. This will also only apply if policyholder continuously renew.
The plan duration is 1 year. Policyholder can elect to renew cover after a 12 month period.
There is no maturity payment in the plan.
This a pure risk policy and do not have any surrender benefit. There is no maturity payment in the plan.
As long as you are under 65 years of age, you are eligible for our Family Shield Plus plan.